Community outreach programmes focus on social norming open up spaces for effective behaviour change. With an outreach programme, students learn valuable life skills through shared experiences. This empowers them to make positive changes in themselves, their families and their communities,
Community engagement is seen as an important component of liberal education and experiential learning. It provides the critical connection with the real world. Activities provide the appropriate forum for sensitizing students to what it means to be a good citizen and motivating them to work in the service of the nation. Each year, the college tries to increase the range and scope of its contribution to society at large.
This year too students engaged in various community outreach programmes as mentioned below:
- - Home Science Department celebrated Nutrition week from 1st to 7th September. A rally on importance of Nutrition was organised in nearby villages, a camp was organised in which BMI of girls of Inter College situated in Village Lawar was measured, a Diet plan was suggested accordingly and they were also informed about the Herbal Medicinal Plants through a workshop.
- - Free Mehndi camp on Karvachauth was organised
- - On the occasion ofNavratras, food, stationery and gifts were distributed to slum area children.
- - Rally by Education Department for awareness towards Traffic Rules was organised
- - Commerce, Physical Education, Science and Humanities Departments celebrated New Year with Slum Area children by playing various games, organising Quiz and distribution of warm clothes and sweets.
- - Management, Home Science and Education Department celebrated New Year with Senior Citizens at an Old Age Home by playing, singing and Dancing with them. Warm clothes and eatables were also distributed.
- - On National Girl Child Day, Education Department organised an awareness programme on personal hygiene for girls in villages and slum area.
- - Humanities Department organised a rally on Save Water