M.Sc. Microbiology or Master of Science in Microbiology is a two year postgraduate Microbiology course affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. M.Sc. (microbiology) covers the study of microorganisms and their effect on humans. During the duration of this programme the students will get extensive insights into the various characteristics application and management of Microbes. Microbes such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, algae play an essential role in bioremediation of toxic pollutants, microbial waste management, water treatment plants and for agriculture along with making other contributions in fields like food pharmaceuticals brewery and in other commercial processes like oil recovery and biogas production. This programme includes core microbiology and interdisciplinary subjects together along with laboratory programs and a research project leading to a dissertation.
• To equip the students to apply knowledge of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cellular processes, classification, interaction of microorganisms among themselves, with physical and chemical agents and higher order organisms.
• To prepare them for careers in the industry, agriculture, and applied research where biological system is increasingly employed.
• To train the students and also sensitize them to scope for research.
• To address the increasing need for skilled scientific manpower with an understanding of research ethics involving microorganisms to contribute to application, advancement and impartment of knowledge in the field of microbiology and molecular biology globally.
• Quality Control Executive.
• Research Officer.
• Microbiology Demonstrator.