B. Sc. (Microbiology)
Bachelor of Science (Microbiology) is a three year degree course affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. It`s a professional course which covers the studies of micro-organisms in detail and their impact on living organisms with in-depth knowledge about its repercussions and solutions based on that. The course involves the study of microorganisms with particular emphasis on the biology of bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoan parasites. It is the discipline in which scientists combine chemistry and biology to investigate living systems and their relationship to the environment.
• To provide cutting edge education in Microbiology to aspiring learners.
• To study the microorganism with regard to morphology, cultural and biochemical characters.
• To understand microorganisms and their relationship with the environment.
• To conduct the basic research with these microorganisms and perform the diagnostic procedures required in food, milk and pharmaceutical industries.
Career opportunities after B.Sc. (Microbiology)
• Research Officer - Microbiology.
• Chief Hygienist - Microbiology.
• Assistant Professor - Microbiology
• Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Food Industry.